Sunday, July 24, 2011

One.



Happy Birthday Henry.


Today you are one year old.


Will you have a party?


Will you smoosh cake and frosting all over yourself like all my other children did?


Will you enjoy tearing paper off a present more than the actual present itself?


Will you get a present.........?


I don't know.


But I do know......


This will be the ONLY birthday where you will be without a mommy and daddy...


And when we get home....


you will have cake and presents and singing and pictures and hugs and kisses until you fall asleep on my shoulder exhausted from the joy and excitement of it all.


Happy First Birthday my baby boy.


We will celebrate soon.

8 comments:

  1. My Jude had his sixteen-month "birthday" in the orphanage on July 22. Praying for these little boys, that they may soon be home. God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As an attorney I understand the need to be cautious and follow proper procedures, but the needless delays in international adoptions (esp. for special needs children) should be shortened/eliminated!!

    Thanks for the prayers! Will keep you in ours as well (LOVE the name "Jude")!!

    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy First Birthday Sweet Henry!!

    Your day didn't go unnoticed! there are people who love you and are waiting for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God bless your little boy! Can't wait till he's in your arms!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Henry! This brought tears to my eyes, as my baby is also a Henry and is just 18 months old. I can't even begin to imagine him having a birthday in an orphanage. :( Our Tanner will be 4 in October, I hope and pray we can get him home not long after that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww! Happy birthday, Henry! It must be so hard not to be able to celebrate with him today. SO SOON!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday Henry! I can't wait til you come home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your little one's birthday. I hope he finds his way home to you very, very soon. Thank you for your comment on my blog. Yes, we will be baby-in-boots-buddies!

    ReplyDelete