What a difference a few hours makes!
Things were looking so promising around noon at my last blog post...
and then the dreaded email came.
Henry's country is closing down to foreign adoptions on July 11.
For at least 3 months (maybe longer since no plan/location/new government department has yet been set up to handle the re-opening).
We have one chance.
It is a very small one.
we can get our fingerprints done tomorrow and
those prints get back to USCIS on Friday and
our Officer issues our I171H to us immediately (by fax or email) and
we can get that last piece of paper to Henry's counrty by June 23.....
we might have a chance to travel in the next two weeks to bring him home.
he waits for at least another 3 months.
In an orphanage. In a crib. Unable to walk. With a cleft palate that can cause multiple ear infections and contribute to malnutrition. He turns "1" on July 23. His entire infancy gone, with no mommy or daddy.
We have very little control over all these "IF's"...
But God does. He is in charge. We need to cling to him like to a raft in dark and stormy seas.
So I greedily covet and shamelessly beg for your prayers and those of your families over the next few days.
St. Joseph, Patron of Adoptive Parents, Pray for Us!