Monday, March 26, 2012

ITS MALCOLM MONDAY!! Called by name....



Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names.
They are easier to ignore before you see their faces.
It is easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms.
But once you do, everything changes."
-from "Radical" by David Platt

We know his face....




We have seen him WALKING and heard him TALKING...

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DIWyKFJCHKc0%26feature%3Dmfu_in_order%26list%3DUL%26fb_source%3Dmessage&h=IAQHrgISl

We call him Malcolm. We call him by name....

We call for his family.

Several families have inquired about Malcolm.

One is very close to committing to him.

But the fear is there.

I don't know about you, but I will no longer live in fear.

Fear keeps us silent.

I will no longer be silent about orphans like Malcolm.

I will no longer be silent about the disabled, the sick, the unborn...

so now I will speak.

On August 1, 2011....2 weeks before we left for Eastern Europe to adopt our Henry...

I miscarried a baby.

That baby's due date was today, March 26, 2012.

Very few people know this...because I was following society's conventions to not talk about such a loss.

I have been praying about this these past few weeks and I am convicted that this "social convention of silence" is one thing that contributes to our "anti-life" mindset in this country....it is not "really" a loss....not "really" a life....not really something to share with friends and neighbors and even family....

but that is WRONG.

The silence enslaves us.....the silence about orphans contributes to the fact there over 100 MILLION children needing families all over the world...

The silence about the unborn contributes to turning our backs to the horrible reality of abortion and refusing to help women in crisis pregnancies....

So today....I will not be silent.

I have a baby in heaven who I named Zara Gianna....

Zara means "princess" in Russian and St. Gianna Molla is a canonized saint in the Catholic Church who gave up her life to save the life of her unborn child.

PLEASE, I ask you today....

perhaps in honor of a baby YOU lost....

perhaps in honor of YOUR children who have a mommy and daddy to kiss them and tuck them in bed every night...

BREAK THE SILENCE with a gift to Malcom!!!

Click here: http://reecesrainbow.org/?s=Malcolm&x=3&y=10

Go down under his profile and click on the DONATE button on the left side.

Please give what you can....

and then come back and leave a comment SHOUTING to the world the child(ren) your donation is in honor of.....

Let's dispel fear and show Malcom's family that GOD WILL PROVIDE!!!

Let's cast out the silence which marginalizes and sees the unborn and disabled as liabilities...

Let's bring Malcom and Zara and all the hidden treasured children into the light.




9 comments:

  1. I donated today in honor of Joseph, Adele, and Bartholomew, and big sister Helen Carol who's babysitting them all for me until I arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Carla--this is beautiful. I will share it today. Thanks for writing this....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yee-haw! I just posted my Malcolm appeal! Thank you, Carla! You are saving this little boy's life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "On August 1, 2001..." I think you mean 2011? (Not trying to be nitpicky, but I was really confused when I first read it...)

    Anyway, GO MALCOM!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for posting this. Blessings to you and your family and blessings to Malcolm!

    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am donating in honor of the 3 siblings in heaven that my mother miscarried. And I love that you named your daughter Zara Gianna. Gianna is going to be my patron saint at my confirmation at the Easter vigil in 2 weeks. I also donated in honor of her. I'm praying that Malcom gets a home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep coming back to Malcolm's picture. If I thought there was any way we could swing the huge costs of M's country (we still haven't paid off our first adoption), I would go. He looks so, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. MALCOLM IS ON THE MY FAMILY FOUND ME PAGE!! Jesus is so good!!

    ReplyDelete